The 72-degree Farenheit water is the same temperature year-round and provides a refreshing break in the hot weather. You can bring a tube and float down the spring run to the Santa Fe River. An elevated quarter mile-long wooden boardwalk extends from Blue Spring north along the spring run to the Santa Fe River.
Known for: Swimming, tubing, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, fully equiped campground
Blue Springs-Gilchrist Experiences & Suggestions (16)
Set 1 of 8
Aug 6, 2017
- Deep in the heart of Ocala National Forest there are a series of amazing natural springs that are not only picturesque, but are major sources of fresh surface water to surrounding ecosystems.
Jul 5, 2017
- With its cool water and large jumping platform, Gilchrist Blue Springs has provided a fun relief from the summer heat for generations. But for the first time in nearly 50 years the park is going through a change.
Set 2 of 8
Jul 5, 2017
- HIGH SPRINGS ' With its cool water and large jumping platform, Gilchrist Blue Springs has provided a fun relief from the summer heat for generations. But for the first time in nearly 50 years the park is going through a change.
Jun 15, 2017
- Florida's Cabinet voted Wednesday to acquire 407-acre Blue Springs Park in Gilchrist County, a jewel of a spring that's been privately owned since 1958 -- thanks to a long-ago love affair involving a St. Petersburg business mogul and his faithful assistant.
Set 3 of 8
Apr 15, 2017
- The environmental writer Cynthia Barnett and I recently joined a busload of fifth-graders on a field trip to Gilchrist Blue Springs Park, north of Gainesville, as part of a project to introduce children to the state's precious water sources.
Nov 23, 2016
- While local malls and stores are likely to be busy on Friday, Blue Spring State Park also expects to see an attendance upsurge as word begins to spread that the park's most famous visitors ' its manatees — have begun returning in larger numbers.
Set 4 of 8
Jun 1, 2016
- While it can take just a few hours to peruse the shops, it can take a full weekend to experience the parks, rivers, springs, and trails that surround the town.
May 18, 2016
- Not to be confused with Blue Springs in Orange City, this lovely gem is located in High Springs outside of Gainesville. This place was pretty damn cool. I think the most unique aspect of the spring is that you don't really need a float.
Set 5 of 8
May 9, 2016
- Rum Island Springs is located on the Santa Fe River, north of High Springs (Florida). This is a free county park with a concrete boat-ramp and some picnic tables. A couple of porta-potties were noted, but were in need of cleaning.
Apr 29, 2016
- I find it difficult to explain the magic of our springs. You just have to see them or, better yet, swim in their crystal clear waters. Sometimes I tell people that it feels like flying, floating with nothing supporting me from above or below.
Set 6 of 8
Aug 24, 2015
- Take this time this summer to explore some of Gainesville's most inviting natural wonders. With temperatures hovering around 72 degrees year-round, the area's refreshing springs make it easy to cool off during this sweltering season.
Jun 26, 2015
- As The Sun reported last week, the state's Acquisition and Restoration Council unanimously voted to add the popular swimming hole in Gilchrist County to the list of springs slated to be bought with Florida Forever funds.
Set 7 of 8
Jun 24, 2015
- Around April of 2013, me and my best friend Danielle sat down to lunch and started talking about everything we wanted to do that summer. On the back of our lunch receipt, we wrote down every place we wanted to visit, the fruit we wanted to pick, and most importantly all the places we wanted to swim.
Jun 20, 2015
- What a fun time we had visiting Blue Springs Park which is located in High Springs Florida. We arrived at about 10:00 AM on Saturday 6/20/15. We had my company picnic to attend there. When we drove up to the entrance, there were so many camp sites on the right hand side.
Set 8 of 8
Jun 20, 2015
- Friday morning in Tallahassee, the state's Acquisition and Restoration Council unanimously voted to add the swimming hole and 405-acre property on the Santa Fe River near High Springs to the list of first-magnitude springs the state is seeking to buy with Florida Forever funds.
May 26, 2015
- Great news! It appears there is a good chance that Blue Springs in Gilchrist County on the Santa Fe River will become a state park. The date in Tallahassee is June 19, and the time to act is now.
Blue Springs-Gilchrist Photography
Blue Springs-Gilchrist Videos (3)