Rainbow Springs State Park
Rainbow springs located in Dunnellin, Florida and is the fourth largest of Florida's first magnitude springs. It is know for its beauty and has evidence of being used for over 10,000 years. There is a state park that has a pavilion for gatherings and the Rainbow River is popular for swimming, snorkeling, canoeing, and kayaking.
Known for: Swimming, Snorkeling, Canoeing, Kayaking
Rainbow Springs State Park Experiences & Suggestions (12)
Set 1 of 6
Oct 11, 2017
- Rainbow Springs is a beautiful spring near the West coast of Florida on the Rainbow River. At Rainbow Springs you can swim in the water all day or rent kayaks and canoes to explore outside of the spring.
Oct 2, 2017
- A deadline is looming for the Florida Department of Environmental Protection to finalize cleanup plans for the Silver and Rainbow rivers but an agency official and environmentalists alike say the plans will not be enough.
Set 2 of 6
Sep 22, 2017
- There are $50 million in this year's state budget for springs. But how far will that get us? And by the time disaster really strikes and the spring looks like pea soup and the home values drop and tube renters lose their business, it will cost much more to restore Rainbow Springs, if we even can.
Aug 8, 2017
- Rainbow Springs feeds the Rainbow River and is a beautiful waterway in Dunnellon, Florida. I recently visited the spring after an afternoon on the river with friends. When Takoda and I got there, the park was clearing out and soon we had it all to ourselves.
Set 3 of 6
Apr 26, 2017
- Rainbow Springs State Park in Dunnellon, Florida is the type of place you've seen in fantasy movies or whimsical paintings. Seriously pretty beyond pretty.
Jun 1, 2016
- We camped at Rainbow Springs State Park Campground in our 1997 Georgie Boy Maverick RV for 3 nights during Memorial Day weekend, May 2016. Other family members were camping as well, and we were lucky enough to make our reservations early, getting 3 sites in a row
Set 4 of 6
May 21, 2016
- When you think of Florida, you probably dream of three things: Disney, palm trees and water. Whether it's the waves of the Atlantic Ocean, or the calm seas that make up the Gulf of Mexico, so many people come to Florida for sun, sand and the sea between their toes.
May 21, 2016
- A friend and I were looking for something cheap and fun to do this weekend. After some research, we found that Rainbow Springs entrance fee is only $2 per person. With the beautiful springs, hiking trails and waterfalls we were excited to get outside and enjoy nature.
Set 5 of 6
May 16, 2016
- Florida has more than 700 natural freshwater springs, more than anywhere else on earth, with water so pristine that it is not uncommon to spot exotic fish and manatee floating nearby.
May 6, 2016
- This place was amazing! And we almost passed it up. We had some fellow RVers highly recommend it, or else it may have been cut from our itinerary. As it was, the day we left Crystal River we were packing our day full.
Set 6 of 6
Apr 16, 2016
- We meandered toward the Panhandle, but not before stopping off in Central Florida to break up the long, 10 hour drive. We stayed at a state park called Rainbow Springs, located about 30 miles outside Ocala.
Apr 1, 2016
- As summer approaches and summer vacation inches into a reality, I thought it only appropriate to share some of my favorite weekend getaways that could help this upcoming summer go down in history as the best one yet!
Rainbow Springs State Park Photography
Rainbow Springs State Park Videos (3)