Poe Springs is located in High Springs, Florida. The water is shallow and ideal for families with young kids. They have picnic pavilions, a playground, a soccer and softball field, volleyball courts, and plenty of amenities for picnicking.
Known for: Swimming, Snorkeling, Kayaking/ canoeing, Wildlife viewing, Picnic areas, Playground, Volleyball, Softball, Soccer, Hiking, Nature trails
Poe Spring Experiences & Suggestions (11)
Set 1 of 6
Jul 3, 2018
- A friend called and said her nephew who was visiting for the holiday was anxious to try kayaking and she asked where could we go for a short kayak trip with spring for swimming that would not be totally inundated with people on the day before the Fourth of July
Aug 17, 2017
- Poe Springs may become eligible for funding to help its water quality if Alachua County's request to have it designated as a "priority focus area" is approved by the state.
Set 2 of 6
May 9, 2016
- Rum Island Springs is located on the Santa Fe River, north of High Springs (Florida). This is a free county park with a concrete boat-ramp and some picnic tables. A couple of porta-potties were noted, but were in need of cleaning.
Aug 24, 2015
- Take this time this summer to explore some of Gainesville's most inviting natural wonders. With temperatures hovering around 72 degrees year-round, the area's refreshing springs make it easy to cool off during this sweltering season.
Set 3 of 6
Jul 19, 2015
- In the early 1970s, the only way you could find a spring near Gainesville was to be taken or told how to get there by someone who knew. There were few highway signs, no readily available springs maps, no Internet with new springs discussion groups welling up every day.
Jun 5, 2015
- Each spring has a unique personality. Today we went to Poe Springs. The water is green rather than turquoise, just like it was five years ago when we visited. The spring is clear and the flow strong, without the mats of algae some springs have
Set 4 of 6
Apr 19, 2015
- I've been interested with paddling the Sante Fe for several years now - by chance its just never proceed further than me stopping along it's banks and staring blankly down into it's slow moving tannic waters - always something else down the road.
Mar 25, 2015
- There are more than 36 springs on the Santa Fe down river from the River Rise. We are going to visit 3 of them today as we kayak from Rum Island, which has a spring, up to Poe Springs. It is a free park, no frills with a nice natural boat launch.
Set 5 of 6
Feb 22, 2015
- After a Jose Ole breakfast burrito, and the usual catching up on the Yak Tales, I headed to Rum Springs Island Park on the Santa Fe River
May 12, 2014
- We retired to our cabin around 11:30, with plenty of time to sleep before the next day's adventure. Because why waste a good trip to High Springs? RIGHT? The Canoe Outpost was right there, just ten minutes away!
Set 6 of 6
Mar 17, 2012
- My flexible plans for this 3 day weekend included paddling this stretch of the Santa Fe, something I only did once before. That was a pre Yak Tales paddle. I paddled all the way to Highway 27 and back.
Poe Spring Photography