Have Steph, Will Travel
"I've always been drawn to water, even as a kid growing up in rural Illinois. I remember walking down to the creek on the gravel road that I grew up on and just sitting there by myself, listening to the babbling water, and watching the fish swim by. Even back then, being near the water brought a certain peace to me that I felt I couldn't live without.
I ended up moving to Florida when I was 20 years old to escape the brutal midwest winters and to be closer to the ocean. Once I arrived in the Sunshine State, it didn't take me long to discover its beautiful freshwater springs and fall head over heels in love with them. There's just something magical about swimming in the crisp, clear, magnificent spring waters that fills me with an overwhelming sense of happiness.
When I took up photography as a hobby several years ago, my passion for exploring the springs soon turned into a passion for capturing their beauty with my camera both above and below the surface of the water- there are few things that make me happier.
Through my photography, I hope to inspire others to get out and explore this beautiful state that we live in, and to appreciate the beauty of our springs and recognize the importance of keeping them healthy and clean."
Set 1 of 2
Feb 7, 2016
- I had been to Silver Glen once about ten years ago, but didn't really remember much about it except that there were a ton of vultures begging for food in the picnic area near the spring while I was there.
Jan 15, 2016
- Rudy and I had an amazing time up in the Ocala National Forest where we spent our Christmas weekend in the most adorable little cabin out in the middle of nowhere.
Dec 23, 2015
- It's a wonderful thing to have a spring this beautiful all to yourself, so I decided that even though it was still a wee bit chilly outside, I should take advantage of the opportunity to explore the waters solo before a bunch of people showed up.
Nov 15, 2015
- It had been several years since I'd been up to the Ocala National Forest, and since there are a few springs up in that area that have been on my list of places to go for quite some time, I figured that I would head up that way and do some exploring.
Set 2 of 2
Oct 2, 2015
- I don't know if I'll ever find a place in Florida that I love more than the Weeki Wachee River. Maybe it's because it was the first spring I visited when I moved to Florida back when I was 20 and didn't even know what a spring was, or maybe it's because I've had so many incredibly awesome adventures.
Jun 1, 2015
- Last Friday I decided to take a trip up to Crystal River to get some use out my Watershot Pro housing for my iPhone. I've been kinda obsessed with underwater photography for the last year and this housing allows you to capture them with your iPhone rather easily.
Mar 31, 2015
- There are quite a few other springs along the Chassahowitzka which I unfortunately didn't get to see on that trip because I spent the majority of the day being lost, so Rudy and I decided to head up there last weekend and check out some other places on the river.