Alexander Springs is located within the Alexander Springs Recreation Area on the eastern side of the Ocala National Forest. Multiple spring vents under a limerock ledge discharge clear and nearly constant 72 degree F water, forming a large spring pool. The bottom of the pool is a combination of sand and aquatic plants.
Known for: Activities: Swimming, hiking, diving, wildlife viewing, picnic areas, paddling, canoeing
Alexander Springs Experiences & Suggestions (9)
Set 1 of 5
Jun 4, 2016
- Between the city of Ocala - known for its farms producing some of the world's finest horses - and the eastern coast of Florida lies a vast forested region containing a variety of wildlands and natural delights.
Jun 4, 2016
- Camping is one of my favorite things to do with family and friends. My goal is to visit many different camp sites through the state of Florida. My latest camping adventure sent me up to Ocala, Fl to spend a weekend at Alexander Springs in the Ocala National Forest.
Set 2 of 5
May 16, 2016
- Florida has more than 700 natural freshwater springs, more than anywhere else on earth, with water so pristine that it is not uncommon to spot exotic fish and manatee floating nearby.
Apr 9, 2016
- The other week I ventured up to central Florida to visit some friends and go swimming at one of the natural springs in the area. I'd never been to the springs before, so I was super excited and not all sure of what to expect.
Set 3 of 5
Apr 1, 2016
- As summer approaches and summer vacation inches into a reality, I thought it only appropriate to share some of my favorite weekend getaways that could help this upcoming summer go down in history as the best one yet!
Jan 26, 2016
- Alexander Springs has always been tops on my list of things to do in the Ocala National Forest. It's one among many of Florida's crystalline springs, where locals and visitors gather to enjoy its many offerings of eco-adventure.
Set 4 of 5
Jan 15, 2016
- Rudy and I had an amazing time up in the Ocala National Forest where we spent our Christmas weekend in the most adorable little cabin out in the middle of nowhere.
Dec 23, 2015
- It's a wonderful thing to have a spring this beautiful all to yourself, so I decided that even though it was still a wee bit chilly outside, I should take advantage of the opportunity to explore the waters solo before a bunch of people showed up.
Set 5 of 5
Apr 26, 2015
- Arrived at the Alexander Springs Recreation Area in the Ocala National Forest just after 9 on Sunday. Went for a snorkel before the afternoon crowd arrived.
Alexander Springs Photography
Alexander Springs Videos (7)