Ponce De Leon Springs
This beautiful spring is named for Juan Ponce de Leon, who led the first Spanish expedition to Florida in 1513 - as legend has it - in search of the 'Fountain of Youth'. Visitors might well regain their youth by taking a dip in the clear waters where the temperature is a shocking 68 degrees F. year-round.
Known for: Swimming, snorkeling, kayaking/canoeing in Sandy Creek, fishing, hiking, wildlife viewing, picnic area.
Ponce De Leon Springs Experiences & Suggestions (7)
Set 1 of 4
Jun 21, 2018
- This beautiful spring is named for Juan Ponce de León, who led the first Spanish expedition to Florida in 1513 in search of the "fountain of youth."
Aug 13, 2017
- Forget slimy June grass and sandy feet. Forget your eyes stinging from the saltwater or searching desperately for a parking spot. Instead of heading to the beach, head north and take a refreshing dip in the crystal clear springs.
Set 2 of 4
Jun 14, 2016
- Stuffed in a wet suit and armed with a fluorescent-green pool noodle, I climb down the short swim ladder into 78-degree water when a manatee blocks my way.
Jul 16, 2015
- Ponce de Leon Springs State park is between Pensacola and Tallahassee. There is another spring called De Leon Springs State Park, it is closer to Deland and is famous for it's pancake house. Ponce De Leon sure did get around!
Set 3 of 4
May 7, 2015
- Travis had Monday and Tuesday off this week so we decided to take a day to go do something fun as a mini-babymoon. A babymoon is a newish trend where couples go take 'one last hurrah' vacation before the newborn comes.
Dec 6, 2014
- We heard about Ponce de Leon Spring State Park, just a bit over an hour's drive away from us, and decided it was worth the trek. The weather looked good for the weekend, with the lingering days of Indian summer, 70s & mostly sunny.
Set 4 of 4
Aug 10, 2014
- Last week I had the good fortune to complete a goal with one of my best friends! Gen is an old college roommate and ROTC buddy who came down to Florida for a wedding.
Ponce De Leon Springs Photography
Ponce De Leon Springs Videos (3)