The 10-acre recreation area, managed by the Northwest Florida Water Management District, is in a natural setting of native forest that includes trails and access to other springs. The District recently completed restoration activities and recreational improvements to address shoreline erosion and to provide improved recreational access and opportunities, including an extensive trail and boardwalk
Known for: Camping, RV's, picnicking, restrooms, mobility, boat launch, boating, fishing, canoe launch, canoeing, hiking, biking, horseback riding, wildlife viewing.
Econfina Creek Experiences & Suggestions (7)
Set 1 of 4
Jun 5, 2016
- When we woke up the morning of our visit to Econfina River State Park (northwest of Perry, FL), we knew we were in for an all day rain soaker. There was nothing to do but go ahead and paint!
Mar 12, 2016
- I was fuming with anger. I some how had it in my head that the 'end' of the trail was only an hour away. An hour went by and I found myself standing before a fully exposed, rough gravel road, with no end in sight.
Set 2 of 4
Dec 10, 2015
- Here is a list of the unexpected surprises that I encountered as I hiked the rest of Econfina Creek, between the Scott Road Trailhead and Strickland Road.
Jun 7, 2015
- Highest on our list of kayaking trips was Ecofina Creek. Now...there is also an Ecofina River, which was actually closer to where we were based at the state park. But we wanted to kayak the Creek because of the large number of freshwater springs along the route.
Set 3 of 4
Mar 10, 2015
- We put in at SR 20 bridge and kayaked upstream. (towrds Walsingham Park until the trees wouldn't let us go any further!) It was tough going, but lots of beautiful foliage along the banks - magnolias, ferns, some kind of pink blossoming tree, palm trees, pines and more
Jan 17, 2014
- My wife loves hiking and kayaking the Smokey Mountains. We were happy to find that Florida's pristine Ecofina Creek contains some of the same plants in Appalachian-like ravines. Best of all it is only a 90 minute drive just short of Panama City.
Set 4 of 4
Jul 29, 2012
- I chose Econfina Creek as my second river to paddle in the Panhandle. Huff describes the scenery as "superb," with giant cypress that arch overhead. Carter et al. claims that many consider the Econfina the "most beautiful and challenging stream in Florida."
Econfina Creek Photography
Econfina Creek Videos (4)