Sand pine scrub, pine flatwoods, swamps, and miles of pristine shoreline along Rock Springs Run and the Wekiva River make this reserve a refuge of natural beauty. Visitors can enjoy bicycling, hiking, or horseback riding along 17 miles of trails.
Known for: Bicycling, hiking, horseback riding, camping, wildlife viewing, diving, snorkeling
Rock Springs Experiences & Suggestions (10)
Set 1 of 5
Jul 10, 2017
- In the hot Florida summer, there's not a whole lot that could be better than tubing down crystal clear, cool, spring waters all day. If you are from Central Florida or taking a vacation in Orlando you can visit the nearby Kelly Rock Springs a short drive away in Apopka.
May 16, 2016
- Florida has more than 700 natural freshwater springs, more than anywhere else on earth, with water so pristine that it is not uncommon to spot exotic fish and manatee floating nearby.
Set 2 of 5
Apr 9, 2016
- Florida is home to some of the world's largest collections of freshwater springs. In fact, within an hour's drive of Orlando, you'll find more than a dozen springs alone.
Apr 3, 2016
- Wekiwa Spring is in Wekiwa Spring State park but there is no Rock Spring park. The Rock Spring is located in Kelly Park run by Orange county. Although I find out that by water it is more than 8.5 miles up, by car it is 7 miles. We arrive and find a BIG park with a huge very full parking lot.
Set 3 of 5
Mar 10, 2016
- Yesterday was spent relaxing at the springs with two beautiful friends! On our last day together before summer we wanted to go on an adventure. Somebody recommended this park (Kelly Park if anyone is interested in knowing) so we decided to check it out.
Feb 19, 2016
- My favorite swimmable spring that I've encountered so far. Beautiful 68 degree water, natural setting…Simply delightful. On my most recent visit I saw an otter stretching and sunning itself so now I know what heaven feels like.
Set 4 of 5
Feb 15, 2016
- The spring run (or stream) is very popular with tubers and swimmers. Just south of the spring an artificial island cuts the spring run in two for a distance and there are sunning areas on the island
Aug 1, 2015
- My family I and planned a trip out to Kelly Park at Rock Springs for a day of relaxation and fun. I hadn't been there since I was in High School, so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. We did a little research and found out that just outside the park there are a couple of places to rent tubes for the river.
Set 5 of 5
Jul 8, 2015
- There are so many gorgeous springs all over Florida and being conveniently located near the ocean can sometimes make us forget. I hopped in the car last week and headed to Rock Springs. The springs are typically a clear and cool 70 degrees.
Jun 29, 2015
- Kelly Park (or Rock Springs Run) is one of the best places to get outside and enjoy the best of what Florida has to offer. Here is what you need to know
Rock Springs Photography
Rock Springs Videos (4)