Wekiwa Springs is a second-magnitude spring that is joined within a half-mile by the smaller run from Rock Springs to form the headwaters of the 17-mile-long Wekiva River, a tributary of the St. Johns River.
Known for: Swimming, snorkeling, kayaking/canoeing, fishing, hiking, equestrian trails, wildlife viewing, picnic area, playground, camping, group camping, youth camping, primitive camping
Wekiwa Springs Experiences & Suggestions (12)
Set 1 of 6
Jun 5, 2018
- The Florida springs are awesome! They are especially a great place to spend time during the summer. Hot and humid summer Florida summer days are made pleasant within seconds of dipping into one of the Florida Springs.
Jul 28, 2017
- Pack your sunnies and sunscreen and head to one of the Sunshine State's most beautiful natural wonders, where its crystal clear spring waters, lush green surroundings, and undisturbed nature will take your stress away.
Set 2 of 6
Oct 25, 2016
- Longwood is getting more than $800,000 to replace septic tanks near the Wekiwa Springs. A hundred septic tanks will be replaced, eliminating some 3,600 pounds of nutrients annually from the Wekiwa Springs.
Apr 9, 2016
- Florida is home to some of the world's largest collections of freshwater springs. In fact, within an hour's drive of Orlando, you'll find more than a dozen springs alone.
Set 3 of 6
Nov 9, 2015
- The Wekiwa River basin - including the Wekiva River, Rock Springs Run, the Little Wekiva River and more than 35 springs - has received more regulatory and political attention than any other springs system in Florida.
Nov 7, 2015
- Wekiwa Springs State Park is fairly close to home and I know that to get inside the park on a hot steamy Saturday, it is best to arrive early! Even though it is technically fall, the heat is still going strong, so I did get to the park early.
Set 4 of 6
Oct 18, 2015
- It has been too long! I haven't been in the woods in what feels like ages and I haven't posted here in longer than that. Feeling ambitious this morning, I headed to Wekiwa Springs State Park for a 10.5 mile hike on the white trail.
Sep 26, 2015
- The summers in Florida are hot. So hot that some locals bring an extra shirt with them to leave in their car because they know the one they're wearing will be soaked in sweat in no time.
Set 5 of 6
Jul 27, 2015
- I first visited the park shortly after moving here so our family could go swimming at the springs. At the time, I had no idea at the time that this would become one of my favorite birding locations in Orange County. Now when I visit this park, I feel like I'm seeing Central Florida as it once was, and that keeps me coming back for more.
Jul 26, 2015
- This beautiful park is less than an hour's drive away from some of Florida's most world-famous destinations, like Lazydays RV Resort, in Seffner. Wekiwa Springs is the place to get away from the hustle and bustling crowds in your newly purchase towable RV or motorhome and appreciate the quiet beauty of nature.
Set 6 of 6
Jul 1, 2015
- Today we spent the day at Wekiwa Springs State Park, located in Apopka, Florida. When we arrived at the spring, at 9:30 am it was not busy at all. This is because it was a Wednesday morning. I imagine the weekends would be packed all day long.
Apr 4, 2015
- "It's truly a beautiful place to be", Michael Maier comments while sitting on the back bench of a canoe. "It's here along the Wekiva River, not far from civilization, where the real Florida awaits. Mary Weinaug with Wekiva Island calls this part of Seminole County a "cool eco destination that's right in your backyard."
Wekiwa Springs Photography
Wekiwa Springs Videos (3)