Jackson Blue Spring
Jackson Blue Spring is located in Marianna, Florida. It is one of the clearest springs and is popular for swimming, diving, snorkeling, fishing. It also has picnic area and volleyball. Dogs are allowed.
Known for: Swimming, Snorkeling, Kayaking/canoeing, Fishing, Wildlife viewing, Picnic areas, Playground, Paddleboats, Volleyball
Jackson Blue Spring Experiences & Suggestions (8)
Set 1 of 4
Aug 6, 2017
- Deep in the heart of Ocala National Forest there are a series of amazing natural springs that are not only picturesque, but are major sources of fresh surface water to surrounding ecosystems.
May 8, 2017
- Blue Springs continued to flow through times of war and peace for hundreds of years after Calistoble and her lover disappeared into its depths.
Set 2 of 4
May 7, 2017
- The following is legend that was handed down by early settlers of Jackson County. The events described took place long before the first Spaniard set foot in Florida.
May 18, 2016
- Florida is home to over 900 freshwater springs. Many of them are just a day trip away from Tallahassee. So, if you find yourself bored in the sweltering heat on campus this summer, here's the solution. Below are just some of the springs I got to adventure to last summer.
Set 3 of 4
May 17, 2016
- Jackson Blue Springs draws in visitors both near and far. It is the main source of water for Merritt's Mill Pond. State agencies want to keep those bodies of waters clean with a restoration plan.
Jul 8, 2013
- Trevor Jordan and Blais Willis took turns doing their best cannon balls off the diving platform. The 11-year-olds seemed immune to the 68-degree water temperature as they splashed in the clear deep water near the mouth of a natural spring known as Jackson Blue Springs.
Set 4 of 4
Jul 9, 2012
- It's about a 2.5 hour drive north-west from High Springs to Marianna. We headed straight for Cave Adventurers so that we could find out anything we needed to know about the DPV course, and check in to dive Jackson Blue that afternoon.
Nov 21, 2010
- After a second dive in Morrison in the morning, we drove an hour East for our final dive of the weekend: Jackson Blue Spring. This is the first 1st Magnitude 'Blue' spring I have dove (there are 4 of them... so confusing/unoriginal).
Jackson Blue Spring Photography
Jackson Blue Spring Videos (4)