Morrison Springs is one of the most popular diving spots in northwest Florida and is well-known throughout the southeast. The large, sandy-bottomed spring is surrounded by a 161-acre park that is managed by Walton County.
Known for: Swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, photography, nature walk/boardwalk, birding
Morrison Springs Experiences & Suggestions (9)
Set 1 of 5
Jan 18, 2018
- Morrison Springs is a popular spring in northwest Florida and is one of 13 springs flowing into the Choctawhatchee River Basin. It is a large, sandy-bottomed spring surrounded by old growth cypress.
Oct 24, 2017
- Each month, the Silver Springs Professional Dive Team plunges into Mammoth Spring ' the state park's main spring — to clean algae and muck from the iconic glass-bottom boats and "I-Spy" statues at the bottom of the spring.
Set 2 of 5
Aug 13, 2017
- Forget slimy June grass and sandy feet. Forget your eyes stinging from the saltwater or searching desperately for a parking spot. Instead of heading to the beach, head north and take a refreshing dip in the crystal clear springs.
Jun 6, 2016
- Have you ever looked at a picture or watched a movie clip and asked yourself, 'Is that place even real?' I feel that way when I look back at my own pictures of Morrison Springs. I remember puling up to the parking lot. I was really impressed with the new pavement, nice pavilion and new boardwalks.
Set 3 of 5
May 18, 2016
- Florida is home to over 900 freshwater springs. Many of them are just a day trip away from Tallahassee. So, if you find yourself bored in the sweltering heat on campus this summer, here's the solution. Below are just some of the springs I got to adventure to last summer.
May 5, 2016
- Upon arrival, we were a little confused. Even though we started our journey on a Wednesday early in the month of May we were pleasantly surprised to find that we were among the only people at Morrison Springs.
Set 4 of 5
Aug 22, 2015
- My friend Adam and I recently visited Morrison Springs, a beautiful, crystal-clear spring located about 1.5 hours east of Pensacola. The exact location of the spring is Ponce de Leon, Florida buuuuut there isn't much to see there besides a couple of swimming spots
Jun 3, 2015
- On one of our days toward the end of the trip we decided to drive a great distance to see a large spring we'd never visited. It was over 160 miles from the park, but we decided to make the drive because we don't know when we'd be even that close to it for at least a couple of more years.
Set 5 of 5
Sep 7, 2014
- I have written a couple of posts already about Morrison Springs scuba diving escapades but this story is really about out of town visitors first time experience in scuba diving in a freshwater spring and entering a spring caverns. My friend Dave works in Coronado, CA and he brought a friend Kevin who is an engineer at the Navy's Carderock Division in West Bethesda, MD.
Morrison Springs Photography
Morrison Springs Videos (4)