Wakulla Springs is located in Wakulla Springs, Florida, 20 miles south of Tallahassee. It is the head spring and the Wakulla River that funds the St. Marks River. The state park in in charge of the top 3 miles of the river. Wakulla springs has a huge underwater cave system with clear water that is surviving the human impact.
Known for: Swimming, Wildlife viewing, Riverboat tours, Glass bottom boat tours, Nature trails, Lodge facilities
Wakulla Spring Experiences & Suggestions (9)
Set 1 of 5
Oct 28, 2018
- North Florida's Wakulla Springs, the largest and deepest freshwater spring on Earth, is experiencing an unwelcome change: Its famously crystal waters are turning brown. After extensive study, researchers at Florida State University think they might know why.
Aug 10, 2017
- Wakulla Springs defenders cheered Monday's announcement that Gov. Rick Scott, the Department of Environmental Protection and water management districts have decided how to divvy up $50 million in springs' protection money.
Set 2 of 5
Aug 5, 2017
- Wakulla Springs is, with Silver and Rainbow Springs, among the largest of Florida's springs and probably among the largest freshwater springs in the world (~800 cfs).
Aug 8, 2016
- Like the title suggests, this is not your usual 'run of the mill' spring. This wonderful park's proper name is 'Edward Ball Wakulla Springs State Park', but that's quite the mouthful, so Wakulla Springs will do.
Set 3 of 5
Feb 16, 2016
- Another interesting spot that we visited in the Sopchoppy area is Wakulla Springs State Park, a 6000 acre wildlife sanctuary. The springs, from which the park takes its name, puts out 400,000 gallons of water per minute.
Nov 18, 2015
- Now the weeds largely are gone and the nitrate-nitrogen that was feeding the growth has been cut in half. State environmental officials point to Wakulla Springs as a success symbol for springs protection. Some environmentalists say otherwise.
Set 4 of 5
Oct 13, 2015
- Wakulla Springs, located near Tallahassee, Florida, is the world's largest and deepest freshwater spring. It was also our first day trip while visiting my sister during Jack's Fall Break.
May 13, 2015
- After Nadia and I left the Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park, we traveled onto Wakulla Springs State Park. I was hoping we could do both boat tours; the riverboat tour and the glass bottom boat tour.
Set 5 of 5
Apr 28, 2015
- Wakulla Springs State Park, 14 miles south of Tallahassee, has star quality. It has one of the deepest natural springs - about 185 feet below the surface of the water - and an extensive network of underground caverns.
Wakulla Spring Photography
Wakulla Spring Videos (3)