Salt Springs Recreation Area is one of the recreational jewels of the Ocala National Forest. The recreation area is located in the lush, semi-tropical setting of central Florida.
Known for: Camping, swimming, hiking, canoeing, fishing (in the spring run only).
Salt Springs Experiences & Suggestions (8)
Set 1 of 4
Jun 4, 2016
- Between the city of Ocala - known for its farms producing some of the world's finest horses - and the eastern coast of Florida lies a vast forested region containing a variety of wildlands and natural delights.
May 16, 2016
- I've written before about how I love going to Salt Springs Recreation Area. Located just over an hour away, it's a fabulous place to take the family for the day! The springs are gorgeous and with most of it shallow enough to stand up, it's largely kid friendly.
Set 2 of 4
May 11, 2016
- Located within the Ocala National Forest, Salt Springs State Park features an active spring that contains four boils into which visitors can swim.
Mar 10, 2016
- I don't think there's any more beautiful place to kayak and swim than the spring-fed rivers of Florida. Crystal clear waters'often an astonishing hue of aquamarine—wind through stands of palms and cypress festooned with Spanish moss.
Set 3 of 4
Sep 9, 2015
- Becky and Greg heading North to Ocala FL. About a 3.5 hour drive. We took I75 to I40 to I19. The largest campground in the Ocala National Forest and the only one with full hookups for RVs, the Salt Springs Campground inside Salt Springs Recreation Area offers 106 RV/trailer sites and a designated tenting area for up to 54 tents.
Aug 14, 2015
- Today we explored another one of the springs in Central Florida. We decided to go to Salt Springs Recreation Area, located in the Ocala National Forest. From where I live it is around 1 hour and 15 minutes away.
Set 4 of 4
May 12, 2015
- A pictorial journal of Salt Springs and more
Apr 19, 2014
- Our second day started bright and early with a walk around the campground, down the trail to Fern Hammock Springs where we saw a small alligator, and a quick dip in Juniper Springs, followed by breakfast burritos.
Salt Springs Photography
Salt Springs Videos (3)