Silver Springs State Park
Silver Springs is located in Ocala, Florida and is known as Silver Springs State Park. There are three main entrances, the first one is for the head spring the second one is for camping and the third one is the equestrian entrance. Being one of the larger springs and one of the most diverse for activities. Camping, cabins, hiking, biking, equestrian, canoeing, wildlife viewing, etc
Known for: Three entrances, paved walk ways, camping, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, equestrian entrance, Wildlife viewing
Silver Springs State Park Experiences & Suggestions (12)
Set 1 of 6
Dec 30, 2018
- The new institute would house a series of displays describing Florida's rich springs diversity, including their hydrology, chemistry, biology and cultural resources
Nov 3, 2018
- And today, going to the beach anywhere in Florida stinks, literally. If the red tide doesn't drive you away, the stench of dead fish will.
Set 2 of 6
Dec 16, 2017
- Thin white beams from our headlamps dance around the platform surrounding Silver Spring as we attempt to pull on our wetsuits in the dark. Stars are still bright as a team of researchers docks our boat in the spring basin.
Oct 24, 2017
- Each month, the Silver Springs Professional Dive Team plunges into Mammoth Spring ' the state park's main spring — to clean algae and muck from the iconic glass-bottom boats and "I-Spy" statues at the bottom of the spring.
Set 3 of 6
Oct 2, 2017
- A deadline is looming for the Florida Department of Environmental Protection to finalize cleanup plans for the Silver and Rainbow rivers but an agency official and environmentalists alike say the plans will not be enough.
Apr 12, 2017
- Advocates for Florida springs say the state is falsely blaming aquatic grass and weeds for shriveling Silver Springs as a way to grant water rights to a wealthy rancher
Set 4 of 6
Sep 26, 2016
- OCALA - At Silver Springs State Park the water's surface is serene even as millions of gallons gurgle up from the caverns beneath. The quiet park continues to be the subject of disagreement concerning what the visitor experience should include.
May 30, 2016
- State water and land regulators, along with environmental conservation representatives, officially opened the $11.5 million, 4,900-acre conservation land to the public on Friday, clearing the way for horseback riding, bike riding and trail hiking. About 100 people were in attendance.
Set 5 of 6
May 29, 2016
- Wild Waters has been around since 1970 and in 2014, the Florida Department of Environmental Protection decided to created a swimming area within the headsprings and once that area was complete, Wild Waters would be shut down.
Apr 14, 2016
- Because of Springsfest at the park and the tourists it had drawn in before us, we had to wait around a couple of hours to board the boats. I was so excited - you could see the people embarking and disembarking right there before your eyes, but I couldn't get on the boat til after 3pm.
Set 6 of 6
Apr 8, 2016
- There's something I've wanted to do since I was a little girl. I could never tell you exactly where, but I'd read about glass bottom boats and the fantastical world they could reveal to us mere mortals. And after I'd experienced seeing through swim goggles and such, I knew the view on a glass bottom boat would be nothing short of magical.
Apr 1, 2016
- As summer approaches and summer vacation inches into a reality, I thought it only appropriate to share some of my favorite weekend getaways that could help this upcoming summer go down in history as the best one yet!
Silver Springs State Park Photography
Silver Springs State Park Videos (3)