Fanning Springs is located in Fanning Springs, Florida and is a state park that is enjoyed by families. Manatees can be found in winter. Cabins and camping is available and dogs are allowed.
Known for: Swimming, Snorkeling, Open-water diving, Kayaking/canoeing, Fishing, Hiking, Wildlife viewing, Picnic area, Playground, Cabins, Primitive camping
Fanning Springs Experiences & Suggestions (8)
Set 1 of 4
Nov 6, 2016
- After our first Floridian Spring we were hooked and excited to explore some more. Browsing over our map we could see northern Florida was full of them, but which one to go to next? We ended up picking Fanning Springs State Park.
May 4, 2016
- Lynn and I drove over to the Suwannee River west of Gainesville, Florida last week and stayed for a couple of nights at Fanning Springs State Park in one of their cabins. It turns out that April is peak season for Fireflies, at least around here.
Set 2 of 4
Apr 1, 2016
- Denise and Tim did a scuba dive in Fanning Springs last week. Fanning Springs is a Florida State Park, located on US 19/98 in the town of Fanning Springs. It contains one of the state's 33 first magnitude springs.
Mar 27, 2016
- On our way to explore north Florida and the Panhandle, we decided to spend a few days in a furnished cabin in Fanning Springs State Park.
Set 3 of 4
Feb 13, 2016
- We planned to leave Brooksville, Florida around 11:00 am since we were asked to arrive in Old Town Florida around 2 as the owner of our next park had a meeting out of town until then.
Jul 19, 2015
- Today we spent seven hours at Fanning Springs State Park. What a great day it was! Fanning Springs State Park is located in Fanning Springs, which is about 10 minutes from Chiefland.
Set 4 of 4
Nov 27, 2014
- On a recent trip down to Tampa, I decided to take the more leisurely and scenic route along Highway 98 to visit some of the state parks along this stretch and made my first stop at Fanning Springs State Park.
Jun 9, 2012
- About 40 miles west of Gainesville, there's a wonderful cluster of natural springs that are great for swimming and exploring. You could easily visit Hart Springs, Otter Springs, Fanning Springs and Manatee Springs in one day. The drive between parks is never more than 10 minutes.
Fanning Springs Photography
Fanning Springs Videos (4)