Silver Glen Springs
Silver Glen Springs is located in Salt Springs, Florida. The water is clear and beautiful which makes it perfect for swimmers, divers and snorkeling. Silver Glen Springs is also located in the Ocala National Forest
Known for: Swimming, Snorkeling, Kayaking/ canoeing, Fishing, Wildlife viewing, Hiking, Picnic areas
Silver Glen Springs Experiences & Suggestions (7)
Set 1 of 4
Mar 6, 2017
- An alligator estimated by a sheriff's deputy at 13 feet long decided to take a swim in a Florida park Saturday.
Jun 4, 2016
- Between the city of Ocala - known for its farms producing some of the world's finest horses - and the eastern coast of Florida lies a vast forested region containing a variety of wildlands and natural delights.
Set 2 of 4
May 16, 2016
- Florida has more than 700 natural freshwater springs, more than anywhere else on earth, with water so pristine that it is not uncommon to spot exotic fish and manatee floating nearby.
Feb 7, 2016
- I had been to Silver Glen once about ten years ago, but didn't really remember much about it except that there were a ton of vultures begging for food in the picnic area near the spring while I was there.
Set 3 of 4
Jan 26, 2016
- Alexander Springs has always been tops on my list of things to do in the Ocala National Forest. It's one among many of Florida's crystalline springs, where locals and visitors gather to enjoy its many offerings of eco-adventure.
Oct 11, 2015
- We were starting to feel Fall in the air and decided to head out before the really cold air of winter set in. We wanted to paddle and swim at a place we hadn't been before.
Set 4 of 4
Aug 21, 2015
- Today we spent the day at Silver Glen Springs Recreation Area, which is another great nature spot located in the Ocala National Forest. From where I live in Port Orange, it's about an hour drive to go to Silver Glen Springs. These springs are located very close to where Alexandar Springs and Salt Springs are.
Silver Glen Springs Photography
Silver Glen Springs Videos (4)