Experience 636 acres of natural Florida at Otter Springs Park and Campground. Our centerpiece, Otter Springs, is a second magnitude natural spring with an average temperature of 73 degrees and a flow of 10 million gallons of sparkling pure water daily. The spring creates a large clear pool and stream, which flows into the nearby Suwannee River.
Known for: Fishing, bird watching, hiking, swimming
Otter Springs Experiences & Suggestions (10)
Set 1 of 5
Jun 5, 2018
- The Florida springs are awesome! They are especially a great place to spend time during the summer. Hot and humid summer Florida summer days are made pleasant within seconds of dipping into one of the Florida Springs.
Feb 22, 2018
- Otters Springs is located about an hour west of Gainesville, right next to where the Suwannee River runs. This place was great, but I definitely think it is geared more towards families and large groups that do not mind little to no privacy at the actual campsite
Set 2 of 5
Mar 29, 2017
- Like Hart Springs, Otter Springs is upstream from Fanning and Manatee Springs (it's actually between Hart and Fanning) on the Suwannee River. It has a narrow, shallow, sandy run that is really quite lovely with a canopy of trees meeting overhead for most of its length.
Dec 10, 2015
- This past weekend I spent 3 days at Otter Springs Campground which is a favorite place for me to go. I can take my dogs, hike, bike, swim and kayak all from one location. Arrived Friday morning and this time rented a cabin, but I usually tent camp.
Set 3 of 5
Mar 19, 2015
- We're staying at a park we found last year and wished that we had more time then - Otter Springs Park and Campground near the Suwannee River. It is the nicest County owned RV park we've ever stayed in and nicer than most "RV Resorts" that we've seen.
Mar 15, 2015
- If you like rustic style camping with full hookups in a beautiful, rural area, definitely make time to visit Otter Springs Park & Campground in Trenton, FL. We had a 50 AMP, sewer and water site with a great view, although when we had neighbors they were far too close for comfort.
Set 4 of 5
Feb 11, 2015
- Never knowing who or what is around the corner is one of the reasons Mike and I love our way of life right now. We love meeting new people and seeing new places. Today did not disappoint since we met two very wonderful and inspiring people that put their heart into their passion
Oct 28, 2014
- We're only a week from election day ' the last day to vote for Amendment 1, the Water and Land Conservation Amendment. I encourage anyone reading to vote for this important legislation as a measure to save Florida's springs, as well as our forests, beaches, and wetlands.
Set 5 of 5
Aug 31, 2013
- We set out this morning to take our morning walk along one of the nature trails leading from the campground to the Suwannee River. All was well as we walked along on the wide, sandy trail. Then we came to some water on the trail.
Jun 9, 2012
- About 40 miles west of Gainesville, there's a wonderful cluster of natural springs that are great for swimming and exploring. You could easily visit Hart Springs, Otter Springs, Fanning Springs and Manatee Springs in one day. The drive between parks is never more than 10 minutes.
Otter Springs Photography
Otter Springs Videos (3)