Juniper spring is located in Silver Springs, Florida. There are multiple access point for swimmers and over 100 springs pumping out fresh water each day. Campers are welcomed. They have your typical water activities; canoeing, kayaking, snorkeling
Known for: Swimming, Kayaking/ canoeing, Hiking, Wildlife viewing, Picnic areas, RV areas
Juniper Springs Experiences & Suggestions (19)
Set 1 of 10
Feb 8, 2019
- I woke up early enough to catch the sun coming up through the mist rising off of Salt Springs. I shared the view with this Blue Heron who stood on one leg watching me over his shoulder.
Aug 17, 2018
- After our paddle on the Juniper Run, we had nothing else on the agenda so we opted to hang out at the Juniper Springs pool itself and take a walk over to its sister spring, Fern Hammock springs.
Set 2 of 10
Jul 17, 2018
- You shouldn't be surprised that I would make sure and visit any National Forest if I am near one. In Florida, this is the Ocala National Forest.
Apr 18, 2018
- Usually on Juniper Creek, with it's swift current, many twists and turns and obstacles, and hordes of people, I only have time for a grab shot every now and then. My wish for this trip was to take our time so I could get a few more pictures than normal.
Set 3 of 10
Feb 24, 2018
- Right on the edge of Ocala National Forest lies Juniper Springs; a beautiful recreational area that was helped shaped by the Civilian Conservation Corps. Filled with swimming, canoeing, and kayaking the springs is also home to the Historic Millhouse.
Aug 9, 2017
- I gravitate toward small, sandy spring runs with overarching tree canopy, so Juniper Spring has always been a favorite. Like many, or perhaps most, of the big springs in Florida, the Juniper headspring was modified long ago for swimming.
Set 4 of 10
Apr 7, 2017
- This time to the Ocala National Forest, to get passes for Pete and Donna. Unfortunately Donna forgot to bring her ID, so she will have to come back again. Fortunately, we loved the place, so she is anxious to come back.
Jul 14, 2016
- We flew down to Florida early December on a jaunt to use a Jan. 1 deadline timeshare. We ended up in Palm Coast, which lies between Jacksonville and Daytona Beach and just south of St. Augustine, on the Atlantic side.
Set 5 of 10
Jun 4, 2016
- Between the city of Ocala - known for its farms producing some of the world's finest horses - and the eastern coast of Florida lies a vast forested region containing a variety of wildlands and natural delights.
Apr 1, 2016
- As summer approaches and summer vacation inches into a reality, I thought it only appropriate to share some of my favorite weekend getaways that could help this upcoming summer go down in history as the best one yet!
Set 6 of 10
Mar 2, 2016
- We rented a tandem kayak to go down 7+ miles of the spring fed stream which started from our camping area. The stream starts out so shallow that I was out of the kayak a number of times pulling it over sandbars until tributaries added more water and depth to the stream.
Jan 26, 2016
- Alexander Springs has always been tops on my list of things to do in the Ocala National Forest. It's one among many of Florida's crystalline springs, where locals and visitors gather to enjoy its many offerings of eco-adventure.
Set 7 of 10
Jan 17, 2016
- On a Friday evening we headed to the Ocala National Forrest to take on the Juniper Springs Canoe Run. According to Trails.com Juniper Springs is considered one of the best canoe trips in Florida and 1 of the 10 must do canoe runs in the US!
Dec 23, 2015
- It's a wonderful thing to have a spring this beautiful all to yourself, so I decided that even though it was still a wee bit chilly outside, I should take advantage of the opportunity to explore the waters solo before a bunch of people showed up.
Set 8 of 10
Aug 28, 2015
- Juniper Springs Recreation Area is located in Florida's Ocala National Forest, 22 miles east of Silver Springs on State Road 40. The Ocala is the only subtropical national forest in our country. Local lore tells of someone trying to use dynamite to kill and collect fish in the spring.
Aug 1, 2015
- My parents have a lake home about forty five minutes from this spring, Juniper Springs, so it all seemed to work out perfectly, give or take a few hiccups (see also: our diabetic cat had no choice but to join us on this trip and Ethan wound up coming down with a yucky cold).
Set 9 of 10
Jul 11, 2015
- Kayaking has always been high on my list of adventure activities to uphold. It can be both exhilarating, yet relaxing at the same time. Ultimately, it depends on the location you plan to put the boat in the water!
Apr 19, 2014
- Our second day started bright and early with a walk around the campground, down the trail to Fern Hammock Springs where we saw a small alligator, and a quick dip in Juniper Springs, followed by breakfast burritos.
Set 10 of 10
Mar 12, 2011
- My friend Bruce connected with John Davis of Trekeast, which is a 4500-mile journey via ped, pedal and paddle in support of a connected mosaic of wild habitat from the Florida Everglades to the Gaspe Peninsula in Canada.
Juniper Springs Photography
Juniper Springs Videos (3)